Here are some top tips for reducing symptoms of the menopause:
- cut out or reduce coffee and tea
- stop smoking
- keep the room cool and use a fan (electric or handheld) if necessary
- if you feel a flush coming on, spray your face with cool water or use a cold gel pack (available from pharmacies)
- wear loose layers of light cotton or silk clothes so you can easily take some clothes off if you overheat
- have layers of sheets on the bed, rather than a duvet, so you can remove them as you need to
- cut down on alcohol
- sip cold or iced drinks
- have a lukewarm shower or bath instead of a hot one
- if medicine is causing your hot flushes, talk to your doctor about other ways you can take it to avoid this side effect
Please check out our free guided meditation to also help you combat the symptoms of anxiety and hot flushes associated with the menopause.
Take 10 mins out of your day to relax and listen to this.